FEASTING AT KELLY JIE SEAFOOD (formerly TPY mellben) WITH ENA TEO

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

If you remember not too long ago, I flooded your IG stories with my food adventure down at Kelly Jie Seafood.

Mellben Seafood has become a household name that everyone knows, and probably visited their outlets at least once. I'm proud to say, now I have too!! Yes yes, I used to be one of those noobs who hadn't tried their food. #BetterLateThanNever right?



In case you didn't know, they've rebranded their Toa Payoh Outlet to Kelly Jie Seafood in 2017 to feature their iconic Kelly Jie - hence their really cute logo!

Credits: www.kellyjie.sg

Instead of trying their famous dishes, Ena and I had the privilege of trying out some of their popular new dishes and even one that isn't even on their menu yet!

It was a rainy evening and we were both hungry and anxious to get started. You can imagine our surprise when their first dish greeted us. For a "Tze Char" shop, we weren't expecting this standard of food plating!



These Wasabi Mayo Prawns look almost too pretty to eat but our hungry tummies devoured them. Usually not a fan of wasabi, but this was just the right amount to clear my nasal passage slightly but not thaaaat strong to cause a coughing fit.  The prawns were really crunchy and crispy too. #KerynRecommends



Up next was this plate of Truffle Pork Loin! Honestly, I couldn't really taste the truffle but they were soooooo tender and yummy. #KerynRecommends 

Ena and I were paiseh to clean off this plate at one go, but instantly regretted that when we finished them towards the end of the evening. They weren't as nice and tender when they're cold ;__; 

Lesson of the day: Don't be paiseh when it comes to food. Just whack only lol


Credits: www.kellyjie.sg

In between dishes, Lucas passed us some of the Salted Egg French Beans from his table. It honestly doesn't look like much and I've begun to be very skeptical of salted egg dishes in Singapore.

But OHHHHH MY GOD. They were so delicious fresh and crispy out of the kitchen and oh so savory. MUST MUST MUST order when you go there ok #KerynRecommends 

You know the food is really that good when you didn't manage to take a photo of it. #truestory



This is their Red Garoupa served with Yuzu Sauce. Personally I prefer my fish to be steamed or stir fried. But the pairing of the deep fried garoupa with yuzu sauce, fresh strawberries and pomelo was really interested.



Before the last dish was served, we were treated to this really interesting snack that is uniquely available to Kelly Jie Seafood! It's actually Salted Egg Bittergourd. It was chopped up into small thin pieces and coated evenly with the salted egg seasoning. You can't taste the bitterness at all! Really interesting. Makes me feel healthier just snacking on this hahahaha



Credits: www.enabalista.com

Last but not least is their Lobster Ramen where you can see big chunks of lobster meat. Thought this dish would be very heavy but the broth was surprisingly light and yummy! Also, at first sight I thought the noodles were yellow noodles which I personally don't favor that much but the Chef said that they were actual ramen noodles. They were really Q tooo! It was a good ending to our meals 


***


Really glad I finally got to try out the food here! They really lived up to their name. Looking forward to going back to try their signature dishes. Someone jio me to head there together please. Bigger group means I get to order and try more dishes hehe


Shout out and sending many grateful thank yous to Kelly Jie, Chef, Lucas and Ena for inviting me down! My tummy and I really enjoyed ourselves and ate very well 


211 TOA PAYOH LORONG 8
#01-11/15
SINGAPROE 310211

OPERATING HOURS
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
4:00PM -- 12:00AM
(LAST ORDER AT 10:45PM)

SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS & PH
12:00PM -- 12:00AM
(LAST ORDER AT 10:45PM)

PHONE RESERVATIONS
+65 6353 3120

Visit them at www.kellyjie.sg too



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Me @ Clozette

Follow Me @ Clozette